Mills Help
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for our friends in Millsberry!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thursaday, March 19, 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 21
Millsberry Username : tiinkrbell
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Thursaday, March 19, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Thursaday, March 19, 2009   Thursaday, March 19, 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:56 am

NEW STATUE UNVEILED

Thursaday, March 19, 2009 Gazett10

By Audrey Smythe-Wei
Editor-in-Chief
Thursday, March 19, 2009 — With Women's History Month only a little more than halfway through, the people have spoken and the new statue of Sacagawea has been erected in Lakeview.

Mayor Wright and Edna Nelson of the Millsberry Historical Society were both on hand at the grand unveiling of the shiny new monument.

Many of Millsberry's faithful also came out for the ceremony, which honored Sacagawea and women everywhere.

"I think Sacagawea was a great choice by the citizens of Millsberry. I didn't want to say anything to sway the vote, but she was my favorite, too," whispered Nelson with a smile.

"Sacagawea contributed so much to the world. And she's been a great role model for women everywhere," added Nelson.

Mayor Wright greeted citizens after the ceremony, noting how pleased he was with the new addition, and with Millsberry's celebration of Women's History Month.

"I'm no art expert, but I have to say, it's very impressive. I think they got it just right," said the Mayor, assessing the statue.

"I was around to give them some guidance during the sculpting. Luckily, they paid no attention to me. If they had, who knows how it might've turned out! The ears could have ended up in the completely wrong place," laughed Mayor Wright.

Before the statue was unveiled, Nelson had a few words to say about Sacagawea

"I hope people will stop here, when passing by, to take a few minutes to learn about her life and all her accomplishments."

"I hope that she will inspire some of you, in the way she inspired me. Sacagawea remains a great example of what we can achieve when we set our minds to it."

It looks like Women's History Month has already been a huge hit—and it's not over yet, so come on down to Lakeview and check out the just-unveiled statue today!
Back to top Go down
https://millshelp.forumotion.com
andy

andy

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : singing,chatting,emailing and more
Millsberry Username : prince322
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Thursaday, March 19, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thursaday, March 19, 2009   Thursaday, March 19, 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
http://anderson.forumotion.com/

Thursaday, March 19, 2009
Page 1 of 1